The chamber's strategic plan is the process for growing and guiding our chamber. The plan is started by the new and retiring board members in November of each year. Ideas are then brainstormed, goals are set, and action is taken by each committee throughout the year to carry out the strategic plan.
Please note: As a Chamber Member, you may become a part of any of these five initiatives at any time.
Participation is encouraged, this is YOUR Chamber of Commerce! No amount of time is too small.
Please call or email the Chamber for information on how to get involved.
"Equipping members to thrive in our business community"
- Business Development Committee - Equipping members to thrive in our business community through advertising, networking, social events, and business training is the mission of the Business Development Committee. Specifically, the Business Development Committee plans the annual community expo every spring, the Fall Heritage Festival, and the Christmas Tree lighting. The 2017 Business Development Committee Chairman is Daryl MacLean of MacLean Law Office. For more information about the business development committee, or to inquire about volunteer opportunities, contact MacLean at (763) 972-3400.
- Economic Development Committee - Facilitating the communication and distribution of information for the growth and expansion of the Delano business community, this committee is comprised of representatives from the chamber, City of Delano, and Delano Public Schools. Some of its initiatives have been the development of marketing materials to promote locating in the Delano community, retention and recruitment of businesses, economic and business impact surveys, and promoting the message of "Delano is open for business." The 2017 Economic Development Committee Chairman is Brad Felknor of Felknor and Associates. For more information about the membership committee, or to inquire about volunteer opportunities, contact Felknor at (763) 972-9066.
- Government Affairs Committee - Facilitating awareness of political issues that impact the business community and the public, the chamber's government affairs committee coordinates town hall meetings during the political season in an effort to provide a forum for residents to meet candidates and learn about issues appearing on the ballot. For more information on the government affairs committee, contact the DACC office at (763) 972-6756.
- Membership Committee - It is the mission of the membership committee to ensure chamber members are connected with the chamber via a variety of communication methods, outreach to businesses in the community that may or may not be chamber members, and to promote and develop chamber member benefits. The 2017 Membership Committee Chairman is Becky Schaust of The Schaust Team/Coldwell Banker Burnet. For more information about the membership committee, or to inquire about volunteer opportunities, contact Schaust at (763) 972-4603.
- Ambassador Committee - Serving as the goodwill link to our members and the community, the ambassador committee presents first dollar awards, progress awards, and other recognitions throughout the year. The ambassador committee also oversees the Business of the Year process and selection. The 2017 Ambassador Committee Chairman is Mike Nielsen of Sherman Insurance. For more information about the ambassador committee, or to inquire about volunteer opportunities, contact Nielsen at (612) 245-3114.
- Task Force - The task force was developed during Highway 12 construction in 2008-09 to promote marketing "Delano is Open For Business," and has continued to oversee several of the chamber's events, including the annual celebration dinner and the Taste of Delano. The Task Force Chairman is John Tackaberry. For more information on the task force, contact Tackaberry at (612) 849-2935.